Saturday, November 13, 2010
For the past two years,
Hawaii Farmers Union has been a sub-division of California Farmers Union. The
organization has grown in its endeavors, making great strides in upholding the
principles of cooperation, legislation and education.† This growth in
The time has arrived where the developing membership, now in excess of 400 members on five islands, needs to approve of the structure and grant authority for the Officers and Board members to fulfill their responsibilities, cloaked with the authority of the collective judgment of the members.†††††††††††
Accordingly, a meeting of
the membership will be held:
1. Adopting a motion to authorize the creation of the Hawaii Farmers Union, an entity of National Farmers Union,
2. Adopting Robertís Rules of Order as the authority source for the conduct of the meeting,
3. Approving of the Bylaws for the organization,
4. Electing its officers in accordance of approved Bylaws,
5. Electing members of the initial Board of Directors, and
6. Such other business as may be brought forward by the members consistent with the state and federal law.
† All members of the organization are invited to attend this
meeting.† In accordance with the National
Farmers Union Bylaws, Article IV, only those members who were HFU members as of
† Presiding as chair of the meeting shall be Mr. Dave Velde, National
Farmers Union, General Counsel.† A
Parliamentarian will also be present for the meeting.
In addition, three satellite
Please contact Patti Valentine at 808-652-0433 or HFUKauai@gmail.com to confirm your participation.