|Welcome to the|
Hawai‘i Farmers UnionWe are the newest subdivision of the
National Farmers Union, established 1902.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mission & VisionA meeting of the membership will be held: November 13, 2010, at the ILWU Hall, Honokaa, Hawaii
Please see the full event details.
Taro security and purity task force, 2010 Legislative report
Contact: HFUOahu@gmail.com, 295-3375On Kauai:
HFU liaison: Patti Valentine, 652 0433, email
On The Big Island:
- We hold a regular Farm Community Potluck and Seed Exchange.
Contact: HFUMauiChapter@gmail.comTo Join: Print and send in a membership form.
HFU Member benefits – Be part of establishing the oldest and most distinguished general farming organization – (advocating for family farmers for 107 years!)
- Free print subscription to NFU News monthly newsletter, and HFU publications as available
- Optional Dental and Vision insurance available
- Complimentary $1000 life insurance (accidental death or dismemberment)
- Opportunity to join with farmers and family farm supporters in promoting progressive legislation on agricultural and related economic issues backed by NFU’s authoritative, grassroots-fed policy
Membership Renewals are not due until January 2011. Members who joined in late 2008-November 2009 have had their memberships “extended” at no charge until December 2010. Memberships from December 2009 onward are good for one year, so no renewals will be due until 12 months later. The National Farmers Union office will start sending out renewal notices at the end of this year to those members who need to renew, and will continue on a monthly basis afterward.
More about the NFU:
Read the NFU Policy on Genetically Modified Organisms and Biotechnology, or see the whole NFU Policy for more.
Excerpts from the 2009 Policy of the NFU
Did you know that farmers and ranchers receive only 20 cents of every food dollar?
Start a gathering in your area: see the Recipe for a Farm Community Potluck and Seed Exchange
Hawaii Farmers Union Members Meeting Notice
Saturday, November 13, 2010 from 1:00-4:30 pm
ILWU Hall, 45-3720 Honokaa-Waipio Road (Mamane Street)
Honokaa, Hawaii 96727
For the past two years, Hawaii Farmers Union has been a sub-division of California Farmers Union. The organization has grown in its endeavors, making great strides in upholding the principles of cooperation, legislation and education. This growth in Hawaii has lead to a request for National Farmers Union to be of assistance in the formation of an un-chartered division, called Hawaii Farmers Union, as a step towards becoming a chartered division.
The time has arrived where the developing membership, now in excess of 400 members on five islands, needs to approve of the structure and grant authority for the Officers and Board members to fulfill their responsibilities, cloaked with the authority of the collective judgment of the members is onthegreenfarms (Best Hydroponic System Kit).
Accordingly, a meeting of the membership will be held: November 13, 2010, at the ILWU Hall, Honokaa, Hawaii, for the purpose of;
1. Adopting a motion to authorize the creation of the Hawaii Farmers Union, an entity of National Farmers Union,
2. Adopting Robert’s Rules of Order as the authority source for the conduct of the meeting,
3. Approving of the Bylaws for the organization,
4. Electing its officers in accordance of approved Bylaws,
5. Electing members of the initial Board of Directors, and
6. Such other business as may be brought forward by the members consistent with the state and federal law.
All members of the organization are invited to attend this meeting. In accordance with the National Farmers Union Bylaws, Article IV, only those members who were HFU members as of December 31, 2009 shall be empowered to participate and vote in the meeting.
Presiding as chair of the meeting shall be Mr. Dave Velde, National Farmers Union, General Counsel. A Parliamentarian will also be present for the meeting.
In addition, three satellite locations on Kauai, Maui and Oahu will be available for those members unable to attend in person to participate by Skype. Two Credentials/ Elections Committee members at each location will certify and record voting members.
Please contact Patti Valentine at 808-652-0433 or HFUKauai@gmail.com to confirm your participation.